January 15, 2009

Knowledge Management

What is Knowledge..?

Why do we have to manage knowledge..?

These are few questions which arise when I think about Knowledge Management.

After researching on this topic I found out that. Knowledge is a set of information within an individual; this knowledge is gain to an individual in the form of education and experience.

After stretching knowledge with management, it reminds me about a saying “Too Many Cook Spoils the Broth.” When we have many individuals brain working towards one objective with there kind of knowledge creates a mess without an administration. So here knowledge management comes in picture where many individuals knowledge are managed under a supervision to attain an objective.

Similarly I think that not all fingers are same which means every individual is got a unique brain but different intellectual because of which not much of our thoughts are similar. So the need of knowledge management arises here when processes are defined to attain the objective by analysing, accepting and testing.

While researching about the topic I found out interesting facts from different authors. Which I feel is quite relevant to my thoughts, they are

Knowledge management is about understanding how knowledge is created, developed and used for value creation and also understanding how to facilitate this process”. (Poyhonen, A.)

More to be added...!

References
1) Poyhonen A., What is Knowledge Management? , A collection of short video interviews that pose the question "What is KM?" (Gurteen Knowledge). Available: http://www.gurteen.com/gurteen/gurteen.nsf/id/wiskm [2009, 2/4/2009] .

5 comments:

  1. Under construction!!! yep I hope this will be constructed as the best one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dilip,
    Goodluck with your construction. Please give me a shout when you have dveloped more of your blog at my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you need any construction workers…? hahaha... enjoy...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kindly remove my earlier blog (i.e. http://ondiekir.blogspot.com)from your followers. Google account features messed me

    up, thus creating this new blog (i.e. Ondieki's perspective on KM).
    Cheers and please start the move the construction

    ReplyDelete